Friday, February 20, 2009

Seriously... the thing that I love doing unconsciously is noticing random people around me.

Especially when my friends and I hang out in the canteen. As we quiet down just to enjoy each other's presence, and my eyes just automatically scan the room (or in this case the canteen) just to observe the emotions and expressions of the other students there. I love the way that they express their emotions regardless of what happens around them.

Sigh, I'm such an observer... blending into the background.

But honestly, I guess those are the times where I get to chill out and take a deep breath. Who knows? The bell might ring and off you go to your next lesson...

This week at school was a hell lot more hectic. I had to catch up with Maths exercise which I still have not finished yet. Yes, people. I HAVE NOT FINISHED MY MATHS HOMEWORK!!! Well, you might be wondering what would I be doing? You know what? Maths is my nemesis, I have house chores to do and my brain is sadly rusty (badly needs oiling)

Today was a casual day to help raise money for the bush fire in Victoria. The official death toll is not known yet but the current one has already reached 200. My prayers go out to those who have lost everything (except their lives) in this devastating bush fire. I know that rebuilding their lives might be a momentous task but nothing in this world is ever too hard.

I have officially joined the SRC (Student Representative Council). I "applied" for a Female Vice President Post and the results are still pending. My fingers are totally crossed, more like double crossed because the other members that are going for an executive post are also quite good.

I watched the "Pursuit of Happyness" for ESL Studies today. Actually we finished it today. Overall, it was a story of determination and perseverance. The story was based on a true story about Chris Gardner a salesman-turned-broker-turned-multi-millionaire. It is more than a "rags-to-riches" story. Some parts of it was so moving and painfully real for me that I teared up a bit. I mean, if you've watched it, you would understand. It was not a painfully sad story but a really moving and heart warming one. Two words - "Enjoyed it."

Oh yeah, before I forget, I thought of this on the way home on Thursday. "A house cannot be a house without a home, and a home cannot be a home without a house." Or something along the lines... Hang on, I have a feeling it's been quoted before...

Urgh, why am I thinking about homes and houses?

Maybe I'm just missing Kuching.

No comments: